Arteritis (not to be confused with arthritis) is inflammation of the walls of arteries, usually as a result of infection or auto-immune response.
Types of Arteritis
- Temporal arteritis, also called giant cell arteritis, is specifically arteritis of the vessels supplying the head, eyes and optic nerves, particularly the temporal artery.
- Takayasu’s arteritis affects the aorta and its branches.
- Polyarteritis nodosa affects the medium-sized arteries, especially those of renal, coronary, hepatic and skeletal muscle systems.
Arteritis may be partially caused by the fungal pathogen Candida albicans.
Homeopathy Treatment for Arteritis
Keywords: homeopathy, homeopathic, treatment, cure, remedy, remedies, medicine
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology, possible causative factors etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. A homeopathy doctor tries to treat more than just the presenting symptoms. The focus is usually on what caused the disease condition? Why ‘this patient’ is sick ‘this way’. The disease diagnosis is important but in homeopathy, the cause of disease is not just probed to the level of bacteria and viruses. Other factors like mental, emotional and physical stress that could predispose a person to illness are also looked for. No a days, even modern medicine also considers a large number of diseases as psychosomatic. The correct homeopathy remedy tries to correct this disease predisposition. The focus is not on curing the disease but to cure the person who is sick, to restore the health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced, homeopathy remedies do give a hope for cure but even in incurable cases, the quality of life can be greatly improved with homeopathic medicines.
The homeopathic remedies (medicines) given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the homeopathy treatment of this condition. The symptoms listed against each homeopathic remedy may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting a remedy. To study any of the following remedies in more detail, please visit the Materia Medica section at Hpathy.
None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice and guidance.
Homeopathy Remedies for Arteritis :
Ars., calc., echi., hist., kali-i., lach., nat-i., sec., sulfa.
- ^ Arteritis at Dorland’s Medical Dictionary
- ^ Nagi-Miura N, Harada T, Shinohara H, et al (Jun 2006). “Lethal and severe coronary arteritis in DBA/2 mice induced by fungal pathogen, CAWS, Candida albicans water-soluble fraction”. Atherosclerosis 186 (2): 310–20. doi:10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2005.08.014. PMID 16157343.